Sunday, April 27, 2008

Extra Credit... *sigh*

This week and next week are the last chances I've got to raise some grades that aren't as high as I want them to be in my Writing class. All of them except about 2-3 are not that great, but I have found a solution to my problem [gulp] extra credit yeah thats what i said. You have a choice of either memorizing a sonnet, memorizing this really long poem, or writing a sonnet. If writing a poem was a choice I'd have straight A's by now xD LOL. Anyway's I chose memorizing a sonnet for two reasons: 1. Easier to do 2. Lost my set of rules to writing a sonnet (I'll be getting them tomorrow). Yeah I'm memorizing (well almost done memorizing thankfully!!) Translation of Petarch, Sonnet 126 Don't ask me WHY it's called that. It just IS. Here is it (I chose this one because it mention nymphs and dryads tee-hee)
In what bright realm, what sphere of radiant thought
Did nature find the model whence she drew
The delicate dazzling image where we view
Here on this Earth where she in heaven wrought
What fountain-haunting nymph, what dryad, sought
In groves, such golden tresses ever threw
Upon the gust? What heart such virtues grew?
Through her chief virtue with my death is frought
He looks in vain for heavenly beauty, he
who never looked upon her perfect eyes,
The vivid, blue orbs turning brilliantly
He does not know love yields and denies;
He only knows, who knows how sweetly she
Can talk and laugh, the wetness of her sighs

OK, I've got pretty much all of it except the last 4 lines which I am working on.. just not right now because I'm typing in my blog. 0_o Now I'm going to post this and start working some more on them.. cause I wanna better grade.. Thats a good thing right?? :]

No comments: