
Open the gates and Seize the Day!!!!! I recently ordered the Newsies Soundtrack. I love it, of course. Unfortunately, my CD-Rom refuses to recognize CD's so I can't import it to iTunes on my laptop at the moment, and thus I cannot put it on my iPod, so listening to it is limited to the CD player located in the middle of the living room, the DVD/CD player also in the middle of the living room, and the desktop, in the middle of the den. :( I have listened to it a lot over the past couple of days though, and I've enjoyed it even more than I thought I would. Carrying the Banner has become one of my favorites, and you can even hear a piece of a scene that isn't in the movie. It's funny....it's like Jack and the guys are talking about how to get ladies to buy the papers, saying it takes "a smile as sweet as buttah" which was really funny. (Buttah =Butter in Newsie slang.) :D I also really like the part in the song when they're talking *singing* about stuff that should happen so the papers would sell better, and somebody suggests a crooked politician (how about a crooked politician? Hey stupid that ain't news no more!) that cracks me up and I sing along every time. Santa Fe is awesome and might be my favorite song, or at least almost. I like all of them. :D Then there are the others; King of New York, Seize the Day, The World Will Know, and Once and for All, which is the darkest sounding of all the songs. King of New York and Carrying the Banner are definitely the most cheerful, and Santa Fe is awesome. I was also really impressed with the instrumentals and chorales and stuff on the CD. 'Rooftop' is really pretty, intertwining motifs from Santa Fe to create a really majestic sounding piece that I was incredibly impressed with. It reminds me just a little bit of The Beauty and the Beast, the soundtrack I mean. Both were composed by Alan Menken, although Beauty and the Beast was composed a year before. There's even the prologue, voiced by Racetrack Higgins. Excellent, excellent! The soundtrack is fun to listen to, with inspriring and fun lyrics and surprisingly beautiful instrumentals and chorales. November CD of the month!
Anna
BTW, to hear a song from Newsies, scroll down to The Fellowship of the Newsies video. It's a fan made vid with clips from The Fellowship of the Ring and the Newsies Song: Seize the Day.
Also, coincidentally, Newsies and HSM 3 were both directed and choreographed by Kenny Ortega. Awesome, right? Newsies is better. :D






No comments:
Post a Comment