
Okay, so a few months ago Andy and I signed Dad up for netflix. In the deal we have, you can watch movies online for free, if its available for online watching. One of the movies I really wanted to watch online was The Pebble and the Penguin, but at the time, we didn't have the right kind of internet, but now we do! And the other night I watched The Pebble and the Penguin, and LOVED it. I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid, and despite its few very slightly retarded moments, it is the greatest movie! I just loved watching it again, and it was fun to see my favorite parts again, the parts that I used to run around the house quoting to my dad, or the songs that I used to love listening to. With the influence of Mikaela, I've grown to really appreciate musicals. I liked musicals before she introduced to Newsies, but now that I'm a hardcore Newsies fan, I just notice musicals and their soundtracks more. Better yet, I notice soundtracks to movies, period, but that was something that was probably coming with or without my freakish Newsies obsession. So I watched it, and fell in love with Hubie, and his stutter, and his little red hat, and the pebble, and even Drake, whom was REALLY funny this time around as an arrogant penguin with like a six pack of abs and an ego the size of the Mississipi River. That is totally a Texan metaphor, I know, but it's cool. I even got a new idea for a plot thread for one of my main characters, Lance Hunter, although I'm not sure if I can make it work or not. (ANd no, it does not have anything to do with a magic pebble.) I laughed at Hubie and Rocko! I really laughed! I want a t-shirt, the soundtrack, the movie. That would be cool. But I'm afraid that there are some other cool stuff I want more.....like an awesome denim jacket that Mike found online for me, a couple of different CD's, a thousand different books, but I can only get so much. Anyway, here's a few vids for the movie, and I have officially made it Anna's November Movie of the Month.
Anna
The first one is a trailer, and the second one is a song from the movie. Drake's incredibly hilarious song: Don't Make Me Laugh...I like how there are corny chuckles after every phrase.






1 comment:
THIS IS AN AWESOME MOVIE!!
Post a Comment