
Hullo....hullo....hullo to all the loyal people that read this blog. that Mike NEVER ever posts on. (I mean, come on, dude, seriously, like....POST....) but anyway,
i finally have book of the month. Just a quick review. I couldn't find a good picture, so you get a black cat instead, and that fits, since the story is about a witch family that has three of them.
Amy and Clarissa from Garden Lane have 'banquished' Old Witch to the barren glass hill, because she is too mean and too wicked. Bad ole' wicked witch! If Old Witch doesn't obey the rules and be good, then Old Witch won't be allowed to come down and be wicked on Halloween! When Old Witch gets lonely, though, Amy and Clarissa send her Little Witch Girl (whose real name is Hannah) and her Little Tommy black cat to keep Old Tom company, and then when Little Witch Girl gets lonely, they send her Weenie Witchie (whom Hannah and Nobby, the Old Witch name Bebe) and the Wee Little Tommy Cat.
The book is a pleasant, easy read, fun, interesting, complete with witches, black cats, abracadabras, pumpkins, mermaids, rabbits, easter eggs, and hurlie-burlies...whatever those are. But sometimes Old Witch says (Oh the Hurly Burly!!!) Old Witch has lots of fun sayings like that. The Witch Family was a lot of fun to read, and it has an excellent cover,...you might wanna look at it on amazon so you can get the full affect. The Witch Family includes all the fun, innocent things of halloween (peaked hats, broomsticks, black cats and pumpkins) without being really scary at all and without getting into anything bad or wrong, as so many people have thought that Harry Potter was. The Witch Family is no more demonic or occult that L.M. Montgomery's Haunted Wood. I definitely recommend it! I loved reading it. It was published in 1960. I don't know why I said that, it was just interesting....this is also Book of the Month for October, but I'm not posting it on the side bar since it's almost the end of October and since I didn't get a good pic. Ah, but here it is! October Book of the Month!
Anna






No comments:
Post a Comment